Lead (Female) Instructor Application Process
Please submit a complete application with all parts included to the contact listed at bottom of this application by May 15, 2016.
- a letter of interest
- a current resume
- names and contact information for three references (at least two professional by sources who have overseen your work whether paid or volunteer)
- Narrative answers to all application questions (see below)
- link to a YouTube video of you teaching anything (2-5 minutes); for instance, how to do a yoga pose, change a tire, make a soufflé, play a chord.
1. IMPACT Chicago experience:
A: Your Core Program/Basics Course
- When and where did you complete the Core Program/Basics Course?
- Who was the lead instructor for your course? Who were the suited instructors?
- What about the Core Program/Basics Course inspired you to want to be a lead instructor?
Class Assisting in two Core Programs is a pre-requisite to Instructor Training. If you have completed this requirement, please answer the following:
- When and where have you assisted with the Core Program/Basics Course, or Core Skills?
- Who are the lead instructors you have worked with? Suited instructors?
- What have you gained from being a Class Assistant that would help you in being a lead instructor?
- What advanced courses have you taken? When and where?
- Who are the lead instructors you took advanced courses with? Suited instructors?
- How have advanced courses contributed to your understanding of the IMPACT system of teaching?
2. What is your teaching experience (can be in any field) that involves working with a group over multiple sessions to develop knowledge and skills? Include your experience with developing class plans and curricula. How does this teaching experience provide a foundation for teaching IMPACT self-defense?
3. What is your experience with disciplined physical activities in any area such as athletics, fitness, martial arts, law enforcement, or military How does this experience contribute to your ability to demonstrate and teach how to generate physical power?
4 . What is your experience in setting and maintaining boundaries with students, teachers, clients, employees, employers, etc.? How does this experience contribute to your ability to demonstrate and teach effective boundary setting?
5. What is your group facilitation experience? How would this experience contribute to your facilitating an IMPACT course?
6 . What is your team leadership experience? How would this experience contribute to your being an IMPACT team leader?
7. What is your experience in counseling or crisis management? How would this experience help you in dealing with emotional or trauma issues that might arise in an IMPACT program?
8. What is your public speaking experience? How would this experience help you in doing presentations about IMPACT?
9. What are your physical activities?
Instructing the IMPACT course is highly physically demanding and requires the ability to sustain high levels of energy for full day courses. Please describe your physical condition and any relevant elements of the activities you engage in to maintain a high level of endurance, mobility, fitness, concentration, and focus. Include any information pertinent to your ability to meet the physical demands of the role.
10. What is your knowledge of gendered sexual violence?
What degrees, courses, programs, or independent study/reading have you done to develop your understanding of sexual assault, violence against women, and how gender effects sexual assault and self-defense. In a paragraph or so, describe how you connect gender, sexual violence, and self-defense.
11. . IMPACT Chicago Mission and Approach
Briefly discuss your commitment to the Mission and Approach of IMPACT Chicago listed on the website “about us” section .
IMPACT International requires a minimum of 200 unpaid training hours for lead instructors. It will take at least two years to complete training with a combination of core programs and workshops, therefore, a flexible schedule allowing you to train and teach during the week, weekday evenings, and on weekends anywhere in the greater Chicago area is essential. Please describe your ability to meet this expectation based on your location and circumstances. Indicate your willingness/ability to commit to a two-year training schedule and then at least two years of teaching following certification.
We are a small organization run primarily by volunteers and need instructors to contribute to the running of the organization. Outside of class assisting, in what ways have you volunteered for IMPACT? In what additional ways would you be able to volunteer to support the IMPACT organization to continue?
Let us know of any other experiences, skills, or interests that you could bring to the Lead Instructor role.
By May 15, 2016, please send your application materials and link to the You-Tube video to Margaret Vimont, IMPACT Chicago Instructor , firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions can also be directed to this email address.