IMPACT Chicago Suited Instructor Application
IMPACT Chicago is looking for a suited instructor. IMPACT International requires a minimum of 100 in-class training hours for suited instructors. IMPACT Chicago requires at least two years of teaching after certification and meeting annual recertification requirements. If you are interested, please submit a complete application with all parts included to the contact listed at bottom of this application.
- a letter of interest
- a current resume
- names and contact information for three references (at least two professional by sources who have overseen your work whether paid or volunteer)
- Narrative answers to all application questions (see below)
- link to a YouTube video of you teaching anything (2-5 minutes); for instance, how to do a yoga pose, change a tire, make a soufflé, play a chord.
Application for IMPACT Chicago Suited Instructor
1.When and where did you attend a What is IMPACT program, graduation, or an IMPACT program? What about IMPACT inspired you to want to be a suited instructor? (Please see website impactchicago.org for the dates of the What is IMPACT program as attending one is a pre-requisite for application.)
2. Review the IMPACT Chicago Mission and Key Values listed on the website “about us” section. Comment on how you will contribute to the organization in the role of the suited instructor.
3. What degrees, courses, programs, or independent study/reading have you done to develop your understanding of sexual assault, violence against women, and how gender relates to sexual assault and self-defense? Briefly describe how you see IMPACT self-defense addressing gendered-violence.
4. What is your team teaching experience in any field that involves working with a group over multiple sessions to develop knowledge and skills? How might this teaching experience provide a foundation for teaching IMPACT self-defense as part of a team?
5. What is your experience in setting and maintaining boundaries with students, teachers, clients, employees, employers, etc.? How does this experience contribute to your ability to demonstrate and teach effective boundary-setting and establish and maintain professional boundaries with students and volunteers?
6. Instructing the IMPACT course is highly physically demanding and requires strong physical fitness and endurance. Please describe your physical condition and any relevant elements of the activities you engage in to maintain a high level of endurance, mobility, fitness, concentration, and focus. Include any information pertinent to your ability to meet the physical demands of the role.
7. What is your experience with disciplined physical activities in any area such as athletics, fitness, martial arts, law enforcement, or military? How might this experience connect to your work in IMPACT?
8. Any other experiences, skills, or interests that you could bring to being a Suited Instructor?
Please send your application materials and links to the You-Tube videos to Margaret Vimont, IMPACT Chicago Instructor , email@example.com. Questions can also be directed to this email address.